Just Heart Cardiovascular Group Inc.
Cardiologists & Primary Care Practice located in Baltimore, MD & Pikesville, MD
If you have frequent fainting spells or dizziness, you may have an issue with proper blood flow to your brain, which is a condition known as syncope. With the help of board-certified cardiologist Camellus Ezeugwu, MD, FACC, FACP, PhD, of Just Heart Cardiovascular Group Inc., you can get started on a personalized syncope management plan, so you can restore your quality of life. Find out more by booking an exam at the practice’s Pikesville and Baltimore, Maryland, clinic locations today. Schedule either online or over the phone.
Syncope Q & A
What are the symptoms of syncope?
Syncope, which is simply the medical term for passing out or fainting, can lead to a wide variety of issues that can affect your daily activities, work, and exercise routine. If you have syncope, you may experience:
- Fainting after eating or exercising
- Poor balance and unsteadiness
- Dizziness or lightheadedness
- Abnormal heart rhythm
- Slow or fast heartbeat
- Panic attacks
- Tunnel vision
You may even be able to tell that syncope is about to occur soon. Before an episode happens, for instance, you might start feeling nauseous and have a fluttering in your chest. These are known as premonitory symptoms.
Why do I have syncope?
If any of the above symptoms sound familiar, it’s important to schedule a comprehensive syncope evaluation at Just Heart Cardiovascular Group Inc. right away. Dr. Ezeugwu spends time thoroughly examining you and getting to the root of your condition. Your case of syncope may be caused by:
- Sudden drop in blood pressure (vasovagal syncope)
- Seizures, strokes, or transient ischemic attacks (neurologic syncope)
- Anxiety, panic, emotional stress, or coughing fits (situational syncope)
- Quick change in positions, like if you stand up too fast (postural syncope)
- Abnormally fast heart rhythm (postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome)
No matter what’s causing your case of syncope, you can receive the treatments you need at Just Heart Cardiovascular Group Inc.
Can I get treatment for syncope?
Syncope can lower your quality of life and prevent you from participating in enjoyable activities, so Dr. Ezeugwu is diligent about helping you find just the right solution. Your syncope management plan from Just Heart Cardiovascular Group Inc. can include:
- Managing or changing your medications
- Elevating your head while sleeping
- Wearing compression stockings
- Reducing your sodium intake
- Learning to avoid triggers
- Getting more potassium
- Drinking more water
For more severe cases of syncope that stem from an irregular heartbeat issue, Dr. Ezeugwu could recommend implanting a pacemaker. But no matter how minor or how complex your case of syncope may be, you can get the help you need at Just Heart Cardiovascular Group Inc.
Book your syncope exam at Just Heart Cardiovascular Group Inc. directly through the website. You can also call either location to speak with a team member.