Our cardiologists specialize in the prevention, evaluation, and management of heart disease and understanding specific risk factors of the condition.
The following are risk factors we evaluate:
- High blood pressure (hypertension)
- High cholesterol
- Obesity or being overweight
- A family history of heart disease
- A previous personal history of heart or vascular disease
The following tests may be conducted after one’s evaluation and medical history is thoroughly reviewed:
- Cholesterol test
- Blood pressure reading
- Homocysteine test measuring the level of a particular type of amino acid in the blood.
- Electrocardiogram (ECG/EKG)
- Echocardiogram studying the anatomy and function of the heart
For more specific questions relating to risk factors and tests, contact us today.